This job is advertised via Lex Consultancy. To be brought straight to the advertisement, please click here.
Undisclosed energy company
Lex Consultancy are currently sourcing suitable applications on behalf of a client who has a requirement for a solicitor with planning/litigation experience. Candidates should have proven post qualification experience in particular with strategic infrastructure/linear projects, oral hearings, review of environmental reports. Experience in the energy industry would be an advantage. Other skills that are required include: organisational skills, strong communication, efficiency, team player and self sufficient, good IT skills
The new in-house lawyer will work as part of this inhouse legal team providing legal advice, support and assistance to the project team.
Do you have proven experience in the following?
- Wayleave Negotiation: Including land access, arbitrations and property litigation (land access, injunctions and contempt proceedings)
- Planning Law: Excellent knowledge of the Planning Legislation, including The Strategic Infrastructure Act, 2006.
- Energy Law: Indepth knowledge of energy law, current agreements, legislation and the regulation of the energy sector.
- Dealing with the entire planning process for each project, from project inception to final grant of approval which shall include but is not limited to obtaining all the necessary statutory approvals including seeking planning and environmental approval from the Strategic Infrastructure Division of an Bord Pleanala to develop, operate and maintain a major national infrastructure;
- Dealing with the acquisition of the various rights with respect to the placement of overhead electric lines and underground cables on land, e.g. land options, wayleaves, easements, CPO’s and land acquisition;
- Working with the Senior Legal Advisor to proactively manage litigation cases in relation to:- a. enforcing the various statutory wayleave and compulsory acquisition rights in the High Court; b. judicial review; c. arbitrations relating to the assessment of compensation;
- Developing standard documents and streamline processes in relation to the procurement of rights with respect to the placement of overhead electric lines and underground cables on land;
- Reviewing lessons learnt and seeking new improved ways to ensure the company successfully obtains planning permission/wayleaves for projects.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Excellent understanding and knowledge of the Republic of Ireland planning, environmental and conveyancing legislation such that it can advise my client on it's statutory rights to acquire land, options, wayleaves and access rights.
- Track record of planning applications to the Strategic Infrastructure Board.
- Track record of working with a multidisciplinary team and relevant stakeholders.
- Proven track record of drafting and proactively organising/managing high volume of cases.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, self motivation, enthusiasm and the ability to influence and understand stakeholder requirements
- Professional attitude showing strong leadership skills.
- Ability to analyse and advise personnel within the company on it's legal obligations.
- Experience in defending judicial review cases.
Approximately €55,000 althogh negotiable.
Please submit your details to Michelle Nolan in Lex Consultancy for further details.
To be brought straight to the advertisement, please click here.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained on this website. However, Green Careers Ireland assumes no responsibility for and gives no guarantees concerning the accuracy of the information provided. We do not accept any liability arising from any errors or omissions. We regularly link to external sites over which we have no control and accept no responsibility for.